Thursday, May 5, 2016

Transforming with Nature's Wonders

Hello, it's Hannah here with an opportunity to write poetry through the eyes of Nature...

Today I bring you the art and work of environmentalist artist Andy Goldsworthy.

“My art is an attempt to reach beyond the surface appearance. I want to see growth in wood, time in stone, nature in a city, and I do not mean its parks but a deeper understanding that a city is nature too-the ground upon which it is built, the stone with which it is made.”

“As with all my work, whether it's a leaf on a rock or ice on a rock, I'm trying to get beneath the surface appearance of things. Working the surface of a stone is an attempt to understand the internal energy of the stone.” AndyGoldsworthy (for more quotes)

Please take a moment to view as little or as much as you'd like or have time for of this amazing film, Rivers and Tides.





Your efforts toward this might lean in the direction of creating your own nature art and then experience the art through words as well. I have a post to share as an example of this, Sea-Salt Soaked Quartz Meditation.

You may write about anything that you've found inspiring here. Please offer something new and visit others as well. 

Thank you, for sharing your comments and poems. I look forward to your work!



13 comments:

Hannah said...

I'm sorry about the delay on the new post poet folks...I will be in and out today...I'm bringing my littlest to his Kindergarten screening today! :)

Happy writing everyone...I hope you enjoy Andy. :)

Jim said...

Best wishes on the screening, Hannah. This morning and all week we have been walking our First Grader to school. Then tonight we will take her to Gymnastics (our usual routine) and then she will spend the night with us (not the usual) and then we will walk with her to school tomorrow from our house.
I liked your nature accessorized mandala. I'm not artistic, nature does better without my stickman art. We will see. I might recycle.
..

Hannah said...

That's wonderful Jim...enjoy your time with your First Grader!

Thank you for enjoying my mandala. Please, feel free to explore the film and/or quotes of Andy Goldsworthy as well...there's much to be inspired...the nature mandala was merely an option for people to explore.

I hope you have a great day. :)

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Yay! My favourite prompt: Transforming With Nature's Wonders.

Bekkie Sanchez said...

I love this Hannah.I chose wood as I like to write about trees and nature. I offer a Tanka today.

Sounds like everyone is busy. Today I ride my bike and it looks like rain. It's not like I haven't ridden in the rain before but I wish the sun would come out just for 2 hours.

I shouldn't complain, our drought is on it's way to being gone. Have a good one everyone!

Hugs! Bekkie

Stacie Eirich said...

Hannah - Thanks so much for sharing your mandala, poem and Andy Goldsworthy's artistry. Inspiration is surely to hit many from seeing this -- I'm heading outside to "see" now, and hope to return with a poem later! Stacie

Margaret said...

I hope this works - I'm so busy lately but this one I had to write to :) Thanks.

Margaret said...

I watched almost all of this artists video and will finish it tonight. He creates amazing "temporary" art - what a gentle man.

Hannah said...

Thank you, Sherry!

So glad to hear you'll ride regardless, Bekkie...so great to get outdoors.

I'm so glad you've enjoyed the post, Stacie...have fun "seeing" and I look forward to your work.

Margaret - so glad you enjoyed Andy and that you added your view!


Thank you, all!!

:)

Angie said...

Did anyone else get teary-eyed as Mr. Goldsworthy tried to explain his craft when no words could do him any service? Thanks, Hannah

De Jackson said...

Love this, Hannah. My kids love to do beach art, so I've shared a piece my son made, and written about it.

Hannah said...

Thank you, poets...I so enjoyed your poems!!

Bekkie Sanchez said...

I apologize for being absent the last couple of days my beloved Boo (cat) was very sick and I finally had to put him down. My heart is very heavy.

I will be getting back to normal with my reading/writing real soon. Thanks for your visits and wonderful comments on my Tanka.

Hugs! Bekkie