Saturday, May 24, 2014

Play It Again, Toads #5


Welcome to the fifth "Play it Again, Toads!"  I am sharing five of my daughter's artistic creations - projects/assignments she completed her freshman year of college.  She is in Italy studying abroad for a couple of weeks and I am unable to ask her what the specifics were for each.  I do remember for one of them it was "Invisible Cities".

These images are an OPTION - they do NOT have to be used in this challenge.  But, if you do use an image, it must be combined with an archived challenge.  You are free to select a challenge from the three I highlight below OR choose any challenge this garden has ever offered.  The archive is on the right sidebar:  2011 - 2014!


Challenge #1:  Words Count with Mama Zen - HERE

Challenge #2:  "Dirt Farmer" Imagined by Marian - HERE

Challenge #3:  "Figurative Language" - HERE


Please, original poems only and link your specific post to Mr. Linky below.  Please make it clear which challenge you are resurrecting by including a link.


Remember, Open Link Monday is around the corner and available for those who are unable to finish this weekend.  I look forward to reading your poems and I will be checking back here for any late submissions.





17 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

Thank you for sharing more of your daughter's art, Margaret. What a wonderful opportunity for her to travel overseas.

Charleen said...

There is something dreamy about her work. Ethereal.

brudberg said...

I loved those pictures, and I tried to follow a few of the prompts (at least I made it below 53 words) he he.. I love these weekend challenges.

Susan said...

53 words, exactly, safely tucked in Mama Zen's prompt. Love these new pictures, Margaret. Your daughter's art is evolving beautifully.

Jim said...

I am so glad you made this assignment, Margaret. I love the Band and so picked Challenge # 2.
My dad was a dirt farmer so I wrote a true poem about him. The post contains a link to his obituary which I have had posted on my blog since his death.
I won't brag on the poem but I will my dad. He wasn't perfect but what I said here is/was true.
..

Anonymous said...

Margaret--they are just lovely paintings and drawings. My poem didn't really go with any but I really loved seeing them. Your daughter is very talented. Thanks. k.

Anonymous said...

Calvino's Invisible Cities is one of my favorite collection of stories, ever. Your daughter is quite talented - thanks for sharing, Margaret ~

Sumana Roy said...

Beautiful paintings they are and I couldn't resist using one of them...
your daughter is very talented & my best wishes to her...love your prompt...

avalon said...

Such interesting artwork, Margaret. I bet she's having a great time. Hope the weather in that part of Europe is better than up north.
I chose to construct another terzarella this morning. I'm beginning to like the form.

Grace said...

Such lovely art pieces ~ Thanks for sharing them Margaret ~

Happy Sunday to all ~

Fireblossom said...

Margaret, I picked on....YOU! I stole one of your Old Salem photographs and riffed on it. :-)

Gail said...

I chose challenge two.

Thanks for the opportunity.

hedgewitch said...

Lovely artwork from your daughter, Margaret--however I went in another direction and finally took a shot at Kerry's terzanelle challenge.

Anonymous said...

Oh, my! Your daughter is very talented and I've loved seeing some of her artwork. Thank you so much for popping in to see me.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;0

Susie Clevenger said...

Gorgeous artwork Margaret. Your daughter is so talented!!

Anonymous said...

quite late, Margaret - thanks for the prompt ~

Marian said...

so nice of you to feature Levon Helm again, Margaret... it was his birthday on Sunday.