Friday, October 26, 2012

Mary's Mixed Bag: Pet Peeves

Lawn Ornaments -  Wicker Pigs on the Lawn
Wikimedia Commons

    
Greetings, Toads and Friends, it is Mary here again with Mary's Mixed Bag.  There is so much serious stuff happening in the world right now that I thought I would provide a challenge that can be light-hearted if you wish it to be.    What is one of  your pet peeves? 

What REALLY irritates you? Makes you seethe?  Your blood boil?  Or simply makes you shake your head?


   Do lawn ornaments (such as the wicker pigs above) annoy you?

Litterbugs?

Wikimedia Commons


Gossip?

Wikimedia Commons

Unsolicited advice?

Poor grammar?

Excessive texting?

Wikimedia Commons


Company that just drops in rather than lets you know they are planning to visit?

The way teen-agers dress nowadays?



Your challenge today is to write a poem about a pet peeve or pet peeves of yours.  You know there is something that really bothers you.  Now is the time to get it off your chest.

If you really can't think of anything, here is a list of pet peeves that might inspire you!  Extensive Pet Peeve List.    Let's have some fun with this and come back  and share.

Please write a new poem for this challenge.  Link it below.  Leave a comment.  Then visit as many poems linked as you can.  Enjoy!

18 comments:

Fireblossom said...

Cool idea. I have several peeves i can choose from!

Mary said...

Mine is up. I hope you all have a bit of fun with this challenge!

Laurie Kolp said...

Great prompt, Mary. My husband's having a procedure this morning so I'll be in and out.

Daydreamertoo said...

A fun one Mary, thanks

Ella said...

ooh, so many great ideas! I have to run errands, but I know what my pet peeve is...rude people in stores!!!
I'll be back, off to gather inspiration, lol

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I'm sure I can find something to grouse about, hee hee. I shall return! Looking forward to peeking into everyone's brain this morning!

Kay L. Davies said...

I couldn't fit everything into one poem, Mary, so I had to go for more. I guess that makes me a peevish person, especially as I enjoyed this so much! Thanks!
K

Rinkly Rimes said...

How lovely! A legitimate reason to winge!

Audrey Howitt aka Divalounger said...

Great prompt! Thank you Mary!

Mary said...

I am absolutely loving reading your pet peeves! Keep 'em coming, friends.

Hannah said...

Thanks-a-bunch, Mary!! :)

klahanie said...

So I went to the pet shop and asked the owner, "I would like to purchase a 'peeve' please."

So the rather perplexed owner of the pet shop told me he did not have a pet peeve. Now my pet peeve is the fact that the owner of a pet shop does not have a pet peeve.

Have a peaceful weekend and don't get me started on overused expressions. To be honest, at the end of the day, you know, you know what I'm sayin'?

Gary :)

Susan said...

I am a bit silly today. Come on over and see, then visit my other blog too where I write about Izy's interview: The Art of Conversation at http://susan60.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-art-of-conversation.html

(There's also a link on my "Pet Peeve" poem.)

Unknown said...

Pet peeves certainly great fodder for poems!
Enjoying the varied voices on this topic.

Susie Clevenger said...

Mary,I love this challenge. I have had a rant I just needed to get out.

Margaret said...

I will be around Sunday to read and comment on your poems.

Kay L. Davies said...

While catching up on commenting, I decided Mary's prompt has allowed us all to indulge in a little ranting for the betterment of our souls. I, for one, feel much better for it, and less likely to become peeved in the immediate future.
K

Ella said...

I'm late, but Frankenstorm has detoured me...
This prompt so fit my life, as it is right now! :D
Great idea Mary!